Saturday, August 13, 2011

Adorable Purses!

Many of you commented on the purse that I had pictured in the first post of my NEW blog. :)  I mentioned I would share the details about it with you in a future post, and here we are- a future post! :)

Why did I want to create a purse? :)  Back in June, I was thinking about roomy gifts for Close To My Heart's upcoming Convention and I thought this purse would be a GREAT gift! :) I created this purse, tucked a bunch of other goodies inside, and gave this purse to my roomates as well as 2 other downline that were with me at the Disneyland Convention! :)

I originally saw this purse on Lisa Stenz's blog (thanks Lisa) - a fellow CTMH consultant.  She created this adorable purse and I followed the link on her blog to find the pattern.  I know MANY of you were asking for the pattern...I went today to look for this and I was sad to find that the link no longer exists! 

This pattern was created by Bridget Louw, and she calls these purses, "Lovestruck Purses".   I will include a picture of the purse instructions and the pattern design for the purse at the bottom of this post.  Please give Bridget the credit if you do create this purse - she was so kind to share this pattern with all of us! :)

I also chose to use this purse pattern to create a purse for my display board at Convention.  As an Extravaganza teacher at Convention this year, I was excited to be able to use the NEW Sonoma paper pack! I thought this paper design would make a FABULOUS purse!  What was even better, as I started to work with our NEW heavier weight designer paper (100 lb), I realized I will NOT have to make multiple mats for the front of the purse like I did with my first set of purses! :)   I was really excited with how this purse turned out!!

  

It was also a LOT of fun to use so MANY of our new embellishments to add the finishing touches on this purse! :)  Heirloom Assortment (purple adhesive backed flower), Antiqued Copper Designer brads, Foundry Metal Ribbon Slides, our NEW dimensional Element Monograms, and our ever faithful pearl opaque adhesive gems
  



This purse has also become a hostess gift for my hostesses that are holding a gathering for their 3rd time! :)  The purse shown here was created with the Mayberry paper pack...I'm so thankful that this paper pack is still available in the current CTMH Idea Book!! It is a paper pack that can be used for sooo many different occassions! 

Prior to Convention - I knew NOTHING about CTMH's wonderful Cricut Cartridge!!!  If you notice on this purse, I used the Cricut Art Philosophy Collection to create my 3D rose AND the letter d.  I love how using this Cricut cartridge made creating this purse Faster. Simpler. Easier., but it turned out just as beautiful as the previous purses! :

This 3D rose, is cut out of Colonial White cardstock and then I inked the edges with our Smoothie ink.  Next, I used my paper piercer to help roll down the outer edges of the petals to make this flower seem more life like.  Then I completed the flower by rolling it up toward the center to create my rose! :)  I also added a pearl gem in the middle of the rose for that finishing touch.

I hope you enjoyed my samples...and now it's off to create some purses of your own! :)  I'd love to hear what items you plan on putting into your purses.  It would be interesting to hear all of the different types of purses we can create, just by adding different contents. :) 

Happy Crafting! :) 

(remember, you can click on the picture to make it larger :) )


 I recreated this "small" pattern below by taking a 12x12 piece of cardstock, a ruler and pencil and created a 1" grid covering the entire 12x12 area.  Then I looked at the pattern below and followed along with each 1" cube on this paper, and drew exactly what was in each 1 "cube on my 12x12 paper. 












No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to make a comment!
Blessings to you for a BEAUTIFUL day! :)