Monday, September 5, 2011

Wonderland Swap Items

Thank you for your patience as I was creating away! J  I know a BUNCH of you commented that you can't wait to see the finished items...I am EXCITED to share these items with you!  I am privileged to be a part of a swap that is held by Karen Morris…thanks so much Karen! J 

I chose to use the new WONDERLAND paper pack!!!  What a FABULOUS winter paper pack! J  I love snowflakes…so this paper is a GREAT one for me! J 

As part of the swap, we had to create 5 items; 1-12x12 page and 4 other specific cards.  Here are the 5 items I created…


Today I’ll give you details on the 12x12 layout. J


I used our AMAZING how-to-book, Reflections, for my layout design.  You will find this layout on page 29 in this book and it is called “Bottom Border Base”.  I can’t BELIEVE how much TIME I save by using our hows to books !!!  I never thought I’d be a how-to-book gal, J…but I am AMAZED at how much faster I can create my layouts just by using a simple design to get started!!! Thank YOU Close To My Heart! J


For this 12x12 layout, I used the Cricut Art Philosophy Collection (AP) a LOT more than I was planning on J, but this FABULOUS Cricut cartridge has made my creating so much Faster. Simpler and Easier!!!  This snowflake is a 2” snowflake on page 22 of the AP booklet.  I used the base image and cut that in white, and then used the Spring Iris cardstock and used the base image + shift +Layer button on the keypad to create the top snowflake.
 The sparkly button and pearl stick pin on top of the snowflake comes from our NEW Bling Assortment pack!!!  Love, LOVE the sparkle and glitz this embellishment brings to any creation! J  I also used our White Daisy Grosgrain ribbon to bring a bit more to this layout. 
One thing you will notice at the top of this 12x12 page – I did some heat embossing too!  I used the silver embossing powder to stamp the border from the stamp set, Snowflakes, at the top of the page. Doesn’t the silver just add some glam to this page?


Take a look at how quick & easy it is to add Top Coats to any creation!  I LOVE the new Top Coats Icing Overlays!  You’ll notice I also used the Cricut AP to add another snowflake on top of the topcoat!  I used Heavenly Blue cardstock and the snowflake image on page 27 of the booklet.  After I cut out the snowflake, I used our Stardust Glitz Glitter Gel on top of the snowflake to bring in some more sparkle. 

If you look closely, you’ll notice that in the center of this Top Coat – I used one of our NEW Rhinestone Designer Brads…hmmm, but it’s not the normal clear color – it’s Twilight?  Did you know that you can “paint” these designer brads as WELL as the items in the Bling Assortment and our CLEAR sparkles too!?!?!!!  

It’s so EASY to paint these items – take one CTMH’s clear craft jars, put in a quarter size of Liquid Glass, add 2-3 drops of a re-inker color of your choice, and use a paintbrush to mix together.  Next, take off any access “paint” on your brush and then “paint” your rhinestone designer brad!  It is as SIMPLE as that! J You can create ANY colored item to coordinate with your creations – as long as you have the re-inker color! J

Check out this next picture of the word “snow”…let me give you the details on how I created this sparkly title J

I used the Chocolate Large Alphabet – an alphabet set I use over and over again!  I actually embossed these alphabet letters.  I made my own mixture of embossing powder J…I took a bit of our Clear Embossing powder and then mixed in some of our prisma glitter. I stamped the letters in the Versamark ink and then sprinkled my mixture over top and used the heat tool to emboss the letters.  I used our cutting knife to cut out the alphabet letters.  I wasn’t sure that the title had enough sparkle, so I did use some of our Stardust Glitz Glitter Gel to add a bit more shine to these letters.  To complete the title, I added a Large sparkly button from the Bling assortment. J


Finally, I stamped these ADORABLE mittens to hang from my bow. J  Can anyone find what stamp set these mittens are from????
  Yes, you got it – the Wonderland Workshop On the Go kit!  This stamp set is an EXCLUSIVE stamp set ONLY found in the Wonderland WOTG!!!  You’ll want to join my Workshop Class on Monday, December 12th to get this Workshop Kit and Exclusive stamp set for yourself. J

To complete this layout, I used CTMH’s SILVER Glitz Glitter Gel around all Grey Flannel Cardstock pieces.  I have been using ALL of our 4 colors of the glitz glitter gel to finish off many of my creations.  It adds sooo much, just by using the simple application of the glitz gel! J  

I hope you enjoyed the details of this 12x12 page and stay tuned for details on the rest of my swap items! 

Enjoy your day! J

1 comment :

  1. That is beautiful! I LOVE the layout and all the extra special touches you added.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to make a comment!
Blessings to you for a BEAUTIFUL day! :)