Saturday, October 29, 2011

3 Simple Christmas Cards

Good Morning!J

It is near the end of October, and I am a little sad.  Not quite sure if I am ready for winter to arrive quite yet – HOWEVER…right now, here 3 snowflakes - yellowin Pennsylvania – it is SNOWING….yes, I DID say SNOWING!!!  What Crazy weather we are having and in OCTOBER!!!  And the AMAZING part is – they say we are getting 6-10 inches of this SNOW today!!!!  Oh my!J

With that in mind, I thought I’d post 3 cards that I created recently that have the “winter” theme. 

This past week, I went to a Ladies Day group at a local church where we did some card making.  I had 45min – 1 hour for them to create 3 cards, so I knew the cards had to be simple, but beautiful. 

I went to my wonderful CTMH Sisters for some inspiration, and came away creating these 3 cards!
3 Christmas cards at ladies day - khershberger
The first card on the left has been a favorite card that many of you may already recognize.  This is a card that we have been creating at a lot of my gatherings this fall season. 

This is a FUN card that I created using our Wishes how to book.  The design did not stay the same as the original pattern shown on page 40 “Simple Expressions”, but I did start the card from there. J
wonderland cricut snowflake card - khershberger
I used the beautiful WONDERLAND level 2 paper pack.  I also used our FUN new “Snowflakes” stamp set!!!  This is a favorite of mine because it is a stamp set that coordinates with our Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge!!  I did not have to cut the snowflake out – the CRICUT does it for me!J  The Merry Christmas came from the stamp set called “A Holiday” – a GREAT Cricut compatible stamp set as well.

If you click on the picture to see more detail, you will notice we also used sandpaper to sand the chocolate cardstock.  The ladies loved each technique that was taught with each card. 

Our chocolate striped ribbon is so beautiful, for this card I cut the 1” ribbon in half, so we could have the frayed look.  We then used Glitz Glitter Gel for the finishing touch. (I know I been using the glitz a lot lately – LOL!!  I just LOVE adding the glitz to add that extra sparkle and shine! LOL!!! J)

The next card we used a NEW stamp set…believe it or not, this was the FIRST time I stamped with this set!!!  “Remarkable Wreath” is one of the most popular selling stamp sets this year!  I was inspired by my friend and fellow consultant Audrey Key for this card. 
Remarkable Wreath   believe, khershberger
This card was quite simple…but nice.  I used the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge to create the beautiful bracket (3 1/4”, <square4>, pg. 53) from Sweet Leaf cardstock.  We then used the corner rounder to round our 2 3/4” white daisy square. 

Stamp sets used were “Remarkable Wreath” and “Holiday Commentary”.  We also used the Believe level 2 paper pack.  And of course…I had to use some of the beautiful RED Glitz Glitter Gel to add some berries to the branches. LOL!  (I promise, the next card does not have glitz!)  Ink colors that were used are CRANBERRY and DESERT SAND.

The final card we created was using one of my favorite stamp sets this Idea Book season.  The “Glory to God” stamp set. 
Sonoma   Glory to God wisemen card - khershberger
This card was inspired by  Jean Johnson’s artwork I saw on our consultant bulletin board – I LOVE our CTMH family!!  We truly ARE sisters at CTMH and share ideas, advice, artwork, etc. with each other. J

To create this card, we used two items…the Glory to God stamp set and the Sonoma Paper pack.  Can ANYONE tell me where the diamond strip at the bottom of the card came from?  Hmmm…I LOVE this extra that CTMH has tucked into each of our new LEVEL 2 paper packs!  Did you guess where it came from?  If you haven’t, take a look at this picture below…
Sonoma level 2 paper pack x7143b
Do you see it now?  YES – the diamond strip is called a “Zip Strip”!!!  There is a strip at the top of all of our designer papers!  Each zip strip has the paper kit name, item # and colors used in the kit printed on one side of this 1/2” strip.  The OTHER side of this “zip strip” is a BEAUTIFUL border design that you can use as part of your creations!!!  How COOL is that?!?!?!!!! J

I hope these cards get your “creative juices” flowing. J and that you are able to start creating for the upcoming holiday season! 

If you would like to get an early Christmas present Winking smile, check out this October special that runs for another 3 days!!!
Oct 2011 CC_Image_Gallery
newconkit 2011
It DOES feel like Christmas when this consultant kit arrives!!J  What a GREAT way to get items at a discount for all of your holiday creating needs!!!

I’d love to talk with you about how becoming apart of my CTMH team can be what YOU want it to be!! 
It is wonderful to be your own boss, and YOU get to decide if this is will be a business for you OR if you'd like to be a Hobbyist - getting Close To My Heart's quality products at a discount price!

Contact me today so that YOU can receive this AMAZING consultant kit for $99 (+shipping & tax) You will receive items in this kit that retail over $280, PLUS when you sign up,(for 3 more days) you will get an ADD-ON kit (retail of up to $130) for FREE!!!!
2011 add ons_edited-1 special
Enjoy your day – whatever type of weather you are havingJ and take time to CREATE today!!!

Blessings to each of you!
 Krista Hershberger
610-587-9116

~~~3 more days to receive this GREAT gift tag making stamp set~~~




No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to make a comment!
Blessings to you for a BEAUTIFUL day! :)