Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Footloose Hawaiian 2 page layouts :)

I would like to share a layout I created for our Hawaiian swap! 
After we arrived home from my CTMH Hawaii cruise in March, I created a two page layout using the Footloose Paper Pack

Footloose Paper pack X7151B
an Exclusive Hawaiian Stamp set…
and any embellishments that coordinated with this paper kit.
WHAT FUN!!!!

Baker's Twine Z1702Paradise Paper FlowersZ1710
Seaside Wooden Shapes Z1693Cricut_Collection2

I used the Magic how-to-book pattern “Enchantment” for my layout design and then filled in the layout with our coordinating papers!
After creating my 2 page layout – I created 8 more 2 page layouts of the exact same thing! J

I sent all the layouts to one particular consultant  (thanks Sara!J )and she grouped me with 8 other Hawaiian Cruisers and sorted out the 2 page layouts and mailed me back 9 DIFFERENT 2 page layouts !! 

What a GREAT way to get ideas, techniques and scrapbook pages completed for my Hawaii Cruise 2012 Album! J

Here is the layout I created…
Hawaiian Cruise swap_Krista H

The flowers were cut with the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge.  I used Smoothie cardstock and White Daisy.
Hawaii Swap_Krista_close up grouping flowers
The center of my flowers, are a paper flower from the Paradise Paper Flower collection.  I inked the edges of these paper flowers in Smoothie ink.  I am finding myself using these flowers for SOOO many  things!!!

Notice the leaves for my flowers…they are actually a stamp that is supposed to be a clam image!!!  I stamped those “leaves” in sweet leaf ink, tucked them behind the flowers and you never know they are clams!

I used a “zip strip”- the 1/2” strip at the top of all of our paper packs (LOVE that little extra J) and finished it off with Durables, Baker’s Twine and Wooden Shapes
Hawaii Swap_Krista_suede background
Did you notice my base pages?  See the two toned color???  This is called the suede method and it’s very QUICK and EASY to do!!!

Take your open ink pad, turn upside down like you are going to “stamp” the ink pad on the 12x12 piece of cardstock.  Instead, start making your ink pad go in circles, and eventually touch down on your 12x12 paper – still swirling or making your ink pad go in circles!  This will create a swirl/suede design on your base pages!!!  I used Bamboo ink on Bamboo cardstock and it really shows a nice contrast. 
Hawaii Swap _Krista_close up title
I added a frame to my title, by dry embossing around the outside.  I then took my Bamboo ink pad and “distressed” the raised lines with ink. 

Something else I hadn’t done in awhile – I created a shadow on my title.  I used Lagoon ink for the “Aloha” , stamped it and after stamping, just moved the stamp over 1/8th (without re-inking) and stamped again to give it the shadow effect!!

I hope you were inspired and are ready to create your OWN artwork! J


Don’t forget about JUNE’S special…..
STAMPAGANZA!!!
Jun2012CC_ImageGallery_thumb1

If you are a “regular” CTMH friend, you know what this is all about and look forward to stocking up on your favorite stamps sets during this special!! If you are NEW to CTMH, you will LOVE this special deal on our already AMAZINGLY priced stamp sets!!

CLICK HERE to check out the online Idea Book and browse for the stamp sets that have been on your wish list, or maybe you have a gift list that needs to be completed too!

CLICK HERE to go to my website and be one of the FIRST to get the Stampaganza Special - Buy TWO get ONE FREE stamp sets!!!


Blessings to you and may you have a wonderful week!!!
Krista J



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to make a comment!
Blessings to you for a BEAUTIFUL day! :)