Monday, February 18, 2013

Surf’s Up cards

I chose to use the new Surf’s Up paper for a recent swap I was in!!! 
Surf's Up paper X7168B
If you missed the first post explaining the details on how I created the 12x12 page…CLICK HERE

For those of you that have returned and are anxious to see details about my other Surf’s Up items, come on in! J I will be sharing details on another card today!!!

Here is a picture of ALL the items I created for the swap…
Surf's Up_5 pieces_Karen Morris swap


Today, let’s take a look at the tropical palm tree card!
Surf's Up card_palm tree
I love the variety of colors associated with the Surf’s Up paper pack.  On this card, I chose to pull out ONE of the designed papers from this paper pack and added cardstock to incorporate more colors into this card creation.

For those that know me J, you know I enjoy making my items looked distressed.  This is SO EASY to accomplish  with Close To My Heart products…all of our cardstock & designer paper are white-cored – meaning that in the middle of our papers there is WHITE that you can chose to have come through.  You can tear your paper, so the white shows.  You can sand it or you can chose to leave it as it is! 
So…when I wanted to emboss lines into my cardstock, I embossed,and than sanded that design – ta-da – I have created a TOTALLY new look with my chocolate cardstock!!!


The Ponderosa Pine cardstock was distressed using our affordaedge distresserble, handy tool called our Edge Distresser
At only $2.50 each, you’ll want to make sure to have this in your tool kit so that you can “shave” your cardstock edges…giving them a roughed up look.


I LOVE the new stamp set that I used for this card…Tropical Paradise
Tropical Paradise stamp set

The palm tree comes all as one stamp, so HOW did I get the varying colors???
CLEAR STAMPS are the BEST – it’s SO EASY to ink your stamps in different colors prior to stamping!!!
Surf's Up card_palm tree_close up tree
Can you see where I inked the Ponderosa Pine and chocolate inks on the palm tree?  I wiped ink OFF of the flower at the bottom of the tree, and stamped the tree on my paper. 

THAN, I cleaned my palm tree stamp, and inked just the small flower at the bottom in sorbet ink and stamped it…giving us a sorbet colored flower. J


Here’s a close up of the bottom section of my card…
Surf's Up card_palm tree_close up
Did you notice the “glass dots”?  I LOVE adding Liquid Glass to a creation, to give it a “little extra”.  Liquid Glass is ALSO a GREAT glue/adhesive!!!  It is a “MUST” to have Liquid Glass whenever I am creating! J

The twine, and wooden button come from our NEW Wooden mini-medley…a wonderful variety of neutral colored embellishments.

I hope you are encouraged and EXCITED to purchase some of your own Surf’s Up paper!!  There are SO Many ways to use this paper pack – and NOT just for your summer photos! 
Come back and join me for details on my “NON-Summer” card that I created with this paper pack!!


In the meantime, you will want to take a moment and check out Studio J program, our online, FASTER but BEAUTIFUL digital scrapbooking option!!!

 
 During the month of February, Close To My Heart is having some AMAZING deals!!!

 Studio J 2 page layouts ONLY $5.00 !!!
Feb-CC-ImageGallery

This is the PERFECT opportunity to get MULTIPLE scrapbook pages created to help complete your albums faster!!!  What an AMAZING tool to be able to create a layout in as few as 10 minutes!!!

 Click HERE to start your QUICK & EASY digital layouts NOW!

CLICK HERE if you’d like to learn MORE about Studio J before giving it a try.J 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2013 February SOTM _0213_SOM
(purchase this EXCLUSIVE stamp set for retail price of $17.95
OR pay ONLY $5 with a $50 order!)


Be sure to click the join button when placing your order. J 
 


 I LOVE to hear your thoughts and comments on what you’d like to see on my blog!!! Your thoughts and ideas are so helpful!!J   Looking forward to talking again soon!!

Blessings to each of you!!!
Krista J

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to make a comment!
Blessings to you for a BEAUTIFUL day! :)