Friday, May 31, 2013

June Stamp of the Month BLOG HOP…A Flowering Bunch

Welcome to our monthly
Stamp of the Month Blog Hop!
Today we will be featuring June’s Stamp of the Month (SOTM), which is called “A Flowering Bunch”, a set of 10 stamps. 
6_2013_SOM_Image
I LOVE this flower stamp set…and it’s another GREAT stamp set that coordinates with our Artiste Cricut Cartridge !!!  Because it coordinates with this cartridge - it makes it so QUICK & EASY to create any item!

If you have come here from Michelle’s Blog, you are on the right path! The blog hop is a great big circle, so you can start here and work your way all around. If you get lost along the way, you’ll find the complete list of participating consultants here HERE

This month we have OVER 60 Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using this month's stamp set!!  So, sit back and enjoy your tour as you click on the link at the end of the post to see what EACH Consultant has created!!
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 I created my card by using Close To My Heart’s FABULOUS How-to book called Originals Card Confidence Program
I LOVE our how-to books and how much TIME they SAVE me as I’m creating!!  By taking a simple sketch, and rotating it one turn…you create a NEW card every time! J
This card uses the pattern on pg. 59 called “Lucky Three”. 
June SOTM_a flowering bunch_card_resize
I love the colors blue, green and lagoon…so out came the Later Sk8r paper pack.  Hmmm, this paper pack is typically known as a “boy” paper pack, but could I make it flowery?? (THAT’S a challenge J)
I LOVE to use the new background stamp sets that CTMH came out with this past spring…
on this card I used the Distressed Backgrounds stamp set.
 
Do you see the texture that it brings to the whisper grey cardstock? 
June SOTM_a flowering bunch_card_close up_mesh background
When stamping the flower, I wanted it to “pop” and stand out…how could I get a flower to do this???

Then I remembered my White Daisy Pigment Ink!!  I hadn’t used this in a while, and was so thankful that I thought of it!! J

I pre-cut my flower and leaves shapes with the Artiste Cricut cartridge, and then stamped the flowers with the White Daisy ink and stamped the leaves in Pear ink.
June SOTM_a flowering bunch_card_close up_flower 2
Did you notice that the leaves are shaded in?? 
That can be accomplished so QUICKLY (& easily!)

I took the other leaf stamp in this stamp set and TURNED IT OVER - and inked up the backside of this leaf stamp!!!  Yes, it will be a blob of ink…but a blob of ink in the shape of the leaf! J 
Stamp off the pear ink on scrap paper…and then use the 2nd shade of pear color to stamp onto your leaf!!!

To finish the flower on the card, I picked a grey button from the Black Button Asst. collection and attached a LARGE grey sparkle (from the Black & Grey sparkle asst.) to the middle of the button!!
June SOTM_a flowering bunch_card_close up

 
To finish the card, I pulled out my WASHI tape…and started adding a bit of tape here, and there…and EVERYWHERE!!!
I was pretty excited how it turned out, since this was the first time I created something on my own by using Washi tape. J


I hope you enjoyed my card and now head on over to  Krista’s Blog (that’s fellow consultant Krista Ritskes Winking smile) to see what she has created using this stamp set!
Be sure to visit ALL the Consultants at their Blogs to get some great crafting ideas and other fun ideas!

****Remember, the June SOTM is only available 
until June 30! J

Contact your CTMH Consultant (or click here) to see how you can get this EXCLUSIVE stamp set ONLY during the month of June for a 77% savings of just $5.00!!!
Blessings to you for a WONDERFUL day!!!
Krista J

9 comments :

  1. I love how you used Later Sk8r, a typically boy-themed paper, and made it feminine with the flowers. Awesome work, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the distressed look, beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it with Later Sk8r - fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The white stamping is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how your mix of masculine and feminine elements came together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I LOVE everything about your card Krista! Great Job!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to make a comment!
Blessings to you for a BEAUTIFUL day! :)